This is a Java application
Here are some specs -
- The program is customizable so you can create any number of groups (cd's,
dvd's, books..). For every group a new database table is created, containing
article name,description,date borrowed and user who has borrowed it.
- There is a user list, containing name, address, phone, and email.
- You can add/remove users through a NT style user manager.
- You can add/remove articles and groups in the database.
- The program will have a component that runs in the background checking for
overdue articles once a day. It then sends out an email to the users
who have overdue books. I don't have a fine calculation system, but it can
be easily included.
- The above was the standalone implementation. I also want to make a
web based interface, which will allow users to login and request books, cd's.
The following is the progress I have made so far.
- I have found a good GPL Java Databse engine called HyperSonicSQL, this
will run standalone and is very small and quick.
- I have the model for creating/removing tables(groups) and users.
- I have a very basic interface that lists everything in the database made
with Swing(I will make it with AWT also).
- I am currently designing a good user interface for the standalone program.